GENNADY GOLOVKIN has reservations of having his rematch against Canelo Alvarez back in Las Vegas following the controversial draw there.
Judge Don Trella had it 114-114 while Dave Moretti scored it 115-113 in favour of Triple G.
But Golovkin got his first taste of Nevada-style judging in his Sin City debut, when the third judge, Adalaide Byrd, scored the nail-biter 118-110 in favour of Alvarez.
She was later put “under review” after her errant scoring.
It has led to the Kazakh warrior possibly looking at alternative venues for Part II.
His promoter Thomas Loeffler told MMA Junkie: “We’ll sit down with [Nevada State Athletic Commission chief exec] Bob Bennett and there are some things we’d want to address if the fight goes back to Vegas.
“We won’t rule out Vegas, but I know there was some hesitation from the ‘GGG’ side.
MOST READ IN BOXING:
Conor McGregor makes it rain £20 notes as UFC star parties with clubbers
Dillian Whyte ready to step in for Ortiz and fight Wilder for heavyweight title
ROLL’ING IN IT
Floyd Mayweather wins college football bet and celebrates by ROLLER SKATING
“I’M FAR BETTER”
Tony Bellew says he can beat heavyweight champ Joseph Parker in his SLEEP
McGregor training son to be a boxer – and he’s already doing ‘squats’ at 5 months
“He’s never had that issue when he’s fought in California or New York or even in London.
“We just want to make sure it’s a fair playing field for both sides.”
Talks for a rematch between undefeated middleweight champion Golovkin and Mexican boxing hero Canelo are expected to begin in the coming days, the US media reported Saturday.
Golovkin, who was making his Las Vegas debut, and Alvarez fought to a draw in a bout that lived up to its hype as a showdown between the top two middleweights in the world.
Both the 27-year-old challenger Alvarez and the 35-year-old Golovkin said they wanted the rematch.
Loefffler added: “It seemed like everyone came away from that fight with an unsatisfied feeling.”
Until his last two fights, which both went the distance, Golovkin had been jackhammering his way through the middleweight division.
In March, he showed he could go the distance and win over Daniel Jacobs but their 12-round fight snapped a string of 23 consecutive knockouts for Golovkin.
MOST READ IN SPORT:
Barcelona to go on STRIKE from tomorrow in protest over Catalan referendum vote
Emmanuel Eboue’s agent confirms the ex-Arsenal ace has ‘medical problems’
ONE MOUR CHANCE
United fans urge Mourinho to give Valencia loanee Pereira a first-team shot
Multi-billionaire Amanda Staveley speaks to Rafa’s reps as she mulls Toon bid
BACK FOR MOR
Chelsea handed boost with Alvaro Morata’s hamstring injury ‘not serious’
Barcelona confirm they could leave La Liga should Catalonia gain independence