DIEGO COSTA is ready to call a truce with Chelsea and stay until the end of the season.
But the unsettled striker has told pals he will not sign a new deal.
Costa is under contract until 2019 and Chelsea have already offered a big pay rise on his £150,000-a-week wages in return for a long-term commitment.
But the lure of £30million a year from Chinese Super League club Tianjin Quanjian plus a bust-up with a Blues fitness coach has convinced Costa his future lies elsewhere.
Boss Antonio Conte will hold talks with his sulking star later this week to try to put last week’s flashpoint behind them but even if successful, it will only delay his inevitable departure in the summer.
Spain striker Costa was dropped from the squad which won 3-0 at Leicester on Saturday as punishment for his training-ground row.
He was also sent home to train alone. Costa, 28, was back at the training ground yesterday on his own while team-mates enjoyed two days off.
Leicester 0-3 Chelsea : Leicester’s slump continues as The Blues push on
He was also having treatment for a back problem which Conte claimed ruled him out of the Foxes match.
The striker is expected to be fit and available for the next match — at home to struggling Hull this Sunday.
Chinese Super League announce shock move restricting number of foreign players on the pitch to just three
Chelsea fans will never forgive Diego Costa if he checks out now for Chinese Super League
Mulling it over
Chelsea will bid £75million for unhappy Thomas Muller if wantaway Diego Costa forces through move
‘I hate it here’
Chelsea star Diego Costa is hell-bent on leaving Stamford Bridge and ‘hates English football’ as bid from Chinese Super League looms
Diego Costa’s Chelsea team-mates urge him to apologise over Antonio Conte row which could shatter Blues’ title bid
KANE THE BOOKIES
Chelsea’s win shortens title odds again but Costa’s absence makes his Golden Boot price drift
However, the Blues are braced for a formal offer for their leading scorer this week, although they insist he will not leave during this current transfer window.
Conte said: “I understand about the money but I don’t think these offers are a threat to our league.
“The Premier League is the first in the world because of a lot of positive things. Money is not all.”