Fifa bans Mino Raiola till Aug 9

May 11, 2019

Paul Pogba’s big-money move away from Old Trafford has been thrown into doubt after agent Mino Raiola was handed a worldwide transfer ban on Friday night.

The Italian-born Dutchman was slapped with a three-month ban which stops him from dealing with any transfer across the globe and is set to run until August 9 – the day after the Premier League transfer window closes.

Raiola was previously handed a three-month ban from working anywhere in Italy earlier this week by the Italian FA but the chairman of FIFA‘s Disciplinary Committee has extended the ban to cover the rest of world football.

Football agent Mino Raiola has been handed a worldwide transfer ban by FIFA
Football agent Mino Raiola has been handed a worldwide transfer ban by FIFA

The 51-year-old also represents the likes of Ajax starlet Matthijs de Ligt and LA Galaxy striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Pogba has been linked with a £160million move to Real Madrid this summer but the deal could now fall through due to the ban.

De Ligt’s potential move to join Frenkie de Jong at the Nou Camp could also fall through.

The Italian FA didn’t reveal why they handed Raiola the ban on Thursday while his cousin Vincenzo was also banned for two months.

Paul Pogba's big-money move to Real Madrid could now be scuppered by Raiola's ban
Paul Pogba’s big-money move to Real Madrid could now be scuppered by Raiola’s ban
United value the 26-year-old at £160million but the deal may be off the cards
United value the 26-year-old at £160million but the deal may be off the cards

FIFA said on Friday: ‘The chairman of the FIFA disciplinary committee has today decided to extend the sanctions imposed by the FIGC on the intermediaries Carmine (Mino) and Vincenzo Raiola to have worldwide effect.

‘Carmine Raiola is suspended for a period of three months and Vincenzo Raiola for a period of two months.’

Raiola on Thursday blamed the initial ban on ‘political willing’ inside the FIGC.

‘I guess the FIGC has not forgiven me when I have diffused my critics for their role in the disastrous state of Italian football, as well as their role around the latest episode of the racism problem and my opinions could have had an influence in the evaluation of the matter,’ he said in a statement.

Ajax captain Matthijs de Ligt's potential £64million switch to Barcelona could also fall through
Ajax captain Matthijs de Ligt’s potential £64million switch to Barcelona could also fall through

The 51-year-old added: ‘I will seek justice against this injustice and for freedom of speech in every legal court possible to me as my main task is the interest of Italian football.’

Raiola’s client Pogba has been linked with a move away from Manchester United this summer, most regularly with Real Madrid but a return to Juventus has also been mooted.

Raiola’s statement, released before FIFA’s ruling, concluded: ‘This discussion is contained to the Italian territory and has no repercussion on the players I represent.’

 

SOURCE: dailymail.co.uk


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *