Fury-Wilder III to take place in the US

March 2, 2020

  • Frank Warren confirmed third Fury vs Wilder fight will likely be in the US
  • It came after Wilder’s camp confirmed rematch clause had been activated
  • The third fight between the heavyweights is set to take place in July
  • Fury defeated Wilder with seventh round stoppage in Las Vegas last month 
  • And Bob Arum said on Sunday third fight is likely to be at the MGM on July 18 
  • Venue decision will come as a disappointment to British-based Fury fans 

 

Tyson Fury‘s promoter Frank Warren has confirmed that the trilogy fight with Deontay Wilderthis summer is likely to take place in the United States.

It came after Wilder’s camp confirmed on Sunday they have activated the rematch clause in the American fighter’s contract following his defeat to Fury last month.

Warren, speaking on talkSPORT on Monday morning, gave a clue as to the venue of the fight and it will come as a disappointment for British-based boxing fans.

Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder are set to fight for a third time in the United States this summer

Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder are set to fight for a third time in the United States this summer

Fury celebrates his brilliant seventh round stoppage of Wilder in Las Vegas last month

Fury celebrates his brilliant seventh round stoppage of Wilder in Las Vegas last month

Wilder and Fury are now set to fight for a third time this summer after the clause was triggered

Wilder and Fury are now set to fight for a third time this summer after the clause was triggered

Fury’s US promoter Bob Arum told BoxingScene.com on Sunday the trilogy fight is provisionally slated for July 18 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Fury defeated Wilder with a seventh round stoppage in Las Vegas to win the WBC title after they drew their first fight and it has been confirmed they’ll meet again.

Arum told Ringside Reporter on Sunday: ‘Wilder and his representatives formally notified us last night that they have accepted the rematch and are going forward.

‘It’s going to happen in the summer, before the Olympics. Middle of July.’

Wilder has vowed 'the war has just begun' following his defeat by Fury  last weekend

Wilder has vowed ‘the war has just begun’ following his defeat by Fury  last weekend

The Bronze Bomber was battered from pillar to post in a resounding defeat in Las Vegas

The Bronze Bomber was battered from pillar to post in a resounding defeat in Las Vegas

Wilder had 30 days to call for a rematch and now his camp have ‘formally notified’ their intention for the deposed world champion to step into the ring with Fury for a third time this summer.

Wilder had issued a very strong hint that he would trigger the rematch clause in a video posted on social media on Saturday.

He promised to ‘rise like a phoenix from the ashes and regain the title’.

Wilder added: ‘Your king is here and I’m not going anywhere, for the way has just begun.

‘I’m a king that will never give up and will fight to the death. I am a warrior, I am strong and I will be back.’

Deontay Wilder

@BronzeBomber

🤴🏿

Embedded video

Wilder posted a 90-second video on social media on Saturday morning

Wilder posted a 90-second video on social media on Saturday morning

He said he will 'rise like a phoenix from the ashes' to regain belt

He said he will ‘rise like a phoenix from the ashes’ to regain crown
SOURCE: dailymail.co.uk

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *