Anthony Joshua has agreed with Andy Ruiz Jr by calling for a third deciding bout between the pair after beating the Mexican on points to become a two time World Heavyweight Champion.
The British boxer got his revenge for his loss earlier on June 1 at Madison Square Garden by beating Ruiz in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Joshua swept the scorecard with a unanimous 118-110, 118-110, 110-109 verdict.
After the match Joshua admitted that he would be up for a third match between the pair as a potential decider.
‘If you heard – we’re gonna do a third’ Joshua said in his post match interview.
Ruiz added: ‘I don’t want to give excuses. If we do the third I’ll be in the best shape of my life.
‘I thought I was going to come on stronger but next fight I’ll get prepared and look at my team.’
Joshua and the boxing world were stunned back in June when Joshua lost to Ruiz in what was supposed to be a routine victory.
However, he completed his road to redemption with his victory over Ruiz, with many potential fights now on the agenda as he claimed the four belts.
Promoter Eddie Hearn didn’t say as to what fight would next be on the cards for his fighter.
He said: ‘The future plans are celebrate and celebrate hard, Joshua has won Olympic gold for great Britain and tonight in Saudi he became two time heavyweight champion of the world.
‘Tonight he is the guvnor of the division, give him the respect he deserves.’