The ex-heavyweight champion says he is looking to get back in action on either May 29 or 31
Boxing legend Mike Tyson has disclosed that he will return to the ring and fight again on May 29 at the Hard Rock Stadium, Miami for his second comeback bout.
Tyson, 54, shocked the world in returning to the sport last November, 15 years after calling time on his impressive career in which he dominated the heavyweight division.
Iron Mike took on fellow icon Roy Jones Jr, 52, over eight rounds in an exhibition bout that ended in a draw at Staples Center, Los Angeles.
Mike Tyson has announced plans to return to the boxing ring at the end of May in Miami
The 54-year-old boxing legend made his comeback last year in an exhibition with Roy Jones Jr
Tyson said in the immediate aftermath of the bout with Jones Jr that he intended to fight again, and the Brooklyn-born knockout artist told Canelo Alvarez on his Hotboxin’ podcast that he plans to return to the ring at the end of May this year.
‘End of May, where you (Canelo) fought (Miami) same ring you fought in,’ he told the pound-for-pound king.
‘May 29th, May 31, something like that, right where you fought, same ring.’
Tyson told P4P king Canelo Alvarez he wants to fight in the same arena he recently fought in
Tyson was referring to the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, Florida, where Canelo recently knocked out rival Avni Yildirim inside three rounds.
The 54-year-old refused to be drawn on who will be standing across the ring from him come May, amid reports that he could face old foe Evander Holyfield for a highly-anticipated trilogy bout.
Talks are reportedly ongoing between the two boxing greats over a third fight 24 years in the making.
The Mexican defeated Avni Yildrim inside three rounds at the Hard Rock Stadium last month
Tyson did not reveal his opponent but Evander Holyfield (left) is calling for a huge trilogy bout
Holyfield got the better of Tyson in their first fight in 1996, defeating Iron Mike inside 11 rounds. The second bout is remembered for all the wrong reasons, after Tyson was disqualified for biting his rival three rounds in.
The pair have formed a good relationship in retirement, but The Real Deal has long called for a third fight with his old rival.
‘Getting back in my rhythm just waiting on my dance partner now @miketyson to show up. Where you at?’, he recently posted on Instagram.
The 58-year-old also shared a photo after a training session with former heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko last month in preparation for the trilogy.
The duo met twice as professionals, with The Real Deal emerging victorious on both occasions