Navarrete sure to top, stop Dogboe, again

February 12, 2019

navarrete-dogboe-fight (3)_1

 

If Isaac Dogboe wants a direct rematch, Mexico’s Emanuel ‘Vaquero’ Navarrete has no problem with giving it to him.

Navarrete believes that his chances of knocking Dogboe out will be greater than it was last December, when he dethroned him for the World Boxing Organization super bantamweight championship.

Last week at a restaurant in the south of Mexico City, Emanuel received his official WBO world title from Rafael López, a representative of the sanctioning body.

Guillermo Brito, operational director of Zanfer Promotions, said the rematch between Navarrete and Dogboe (20-1, 14 KO’s) is not yet confirmed, but there was talk of the possibility of adding the fight to the pay-per-view undercard to Terence Crawford’s defense of the WBO welterweight title against Amir Khan, which takes place at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

“In the first fight with Dogboe, I think he was confident because maybe he saw me … and he felt that I’m not a really a fighter, nobody looks at my body as being that of a boxer, because I do not look like that – but I feel very strong, I feel like that affected him a lot, when he could not hurt me and he started to decline,” Navarrete (26-1, 22 KO’s) told ESPN Deportes.

And while the rematch talks are just rumors, Navarrete does not rule out a more explosive ending in his favour.

“In the next fight (rematch), I think (Dogboe) will come in with more desire, he will want to make it more of a fight, but that is my comfort zone… they come to me and I take them in. I feel better when they come to me because I make them fail and I take advantage. I’m not saying it’s going to be easy, because he’s a good puncher, he’s tough, it’s going to be difficult, but I think I’ll have a better chance of knocking him out,” Navarrete said.

 

SOURCE: boxingscene.com


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *