MANCHESTER United ace Marcus Rashford was involved in a terrifying car crash which he feared left his £60,000 luxury Mercedes motor a write-off.
The England striker was driving home from training when another motorist careered into the rear right hand side of his black Mercedes CLA 45 coupe.
The accident – which happened 24 hours before United’s 3rd January Premier League clash against West Ham – left 19-year-old Rashford shaken and suffering from aches and pains but the star was checked over by physios at the club’s Carrington training ground who said he had had a lucky escape and ruled he was fit to play.
Marcus was on the bench for the 1-1 draw and came on in the 83rd minute to replace Anthony Martial.
A source said: “It was a pretty unpleasant experience for Marcus as he has only been driving for a couple of years.
“He is a careful driver and his car is his pride and joy as it is one of the first things he bought when he signed his latest contract at Old Trafford.
“Another motorist just careered into the rear drivers side. He was left quite shaken by it but the club checked him out and ruled he had suffered no lasting to him.
“The car wasn’t quite so lucky but the insurance is taking care of that.
“Marcus told pals he thought the car was a write off because their was a lot of damage to the fuel tank area but he’s since been told it can be fixed.”
The Sun understands Marcus, who lives in a £800,000 home in Wilmslow, Cheshire, was not at fault for the crash.
And the player appears to have suffered no lasting damage after starting in the club’s FA Cup tie against Reading last Saturday and scoring twice.
Manager Jose Mourinho then tipped the player to become a United legend, claiming he could end up becoming United’s all-time record goalscorer.
A United spokeswoman confirmed Rashford was involved in an accident and said the star was not at fault.
She added that the car was repairable.
Yesterday The Sun told how Rashford had been given back a £20,000 which was stolen last August following a day out at a trampoline park in Trafford, Manchester.
Three men arrested in connection with the theft were forced to apologise to the star, who asked police to drop charges.